Safely accomplishing this potentially hazardous service safely requires very detailed planning and timing. LANE LOGIX follows a precise set of steps, including coordinating with highway patrol and staging rolling roadblocks, that allows your team to work efficiently and safely.
LANE LOGIX undertakes end-to-end planning, permitting and law enforcement officer (LEO) procurement. We create a highway rolling roadblock two or three times a day. After each one, we reset; when a safe window appears, we do it again.
In the field, our employees:
- Map out the area and set up signage.
- Wait for the supervisor’s green light.
- Coordinate officers and flaggers in trucks.
- Overtake the highway 2 miles out.
- Slow traffic to 15 mph or less.
- Indicate the last vehicle to get through.
- Add 3-1/2 to 5 minutes before opening traffic flow.